Sunday, October 19, 2008

Fright Town

Met Franco, Lindsay, and Tawny at the Rose Quarter last night to go to Fright Town, where a coworker of mine was working makeup and acting in one of the haunted houses. It's been a long time since I've been to a haunted house, but I remembered that my last visit involved walking through, stony-faced, for some reason trying to prove that I wasn't scared. Fuck that shit - if I'm going to a haunted house, I want to jump and shout and have a good time. And I wasn't disappointed. My idea of terror is generally more H.P. Lovecraft than Friday the 13th, but when someone lunged out of a hidden door with a chainsaw, I jumped. Not to mention that there were a couple of unexpected, unsettling moments when the actors would start calling out "Where's Harry...?" or "Come back, Harry..."

No comments: